VSSC Game Coordinator PT Evening Position - Victoria Sport and Social Club
Post date: Sep. 11, 2017
Application Deadline: Jan. 31, 2018
Position Start Date: Sep. 18, 2017
Game Coordinators (GC’s) are the eyes and ears of the VSSC in our evening leagues. GC’s are required to have the best understanding of member needs and attend the games to set-up/take-down equipment, liaise with members, share marketing and event information, provide clarification of VSSC rules, and generally help where required.
You will bring success to the club and succeed in this role if you are a great networker, connector and promoter!
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor all games and communicate with facility staff to ensure leagues run smoothly;
- Ensure games start and end on time;
- Score keep for each game;
- Manage equipment tracking and report equipment shortages for each facility;
- Report any incidences (serious injuries, overly aggressive play, etc.) from shifts by 9am the next day to VSSC staff;
- Help promote upcoming leagues, events and tournaments to our members during league play;
- Maintain a professional level of conduct and interact with members to ensure they are having a great experience;
- Have fun and socialize with VSSC members!
- Being a positive, fun, outgoing and enthusiastic person!
- Arriving at the facility 15 minutes before game time for equipment set-up;
- Wearing an VSSC staff t-shirt to every shift (provided by the VSSC);
- Bringing your Game Coordinator materials to every game: whistle, VSSC sport rules, schedule & roster listing for your league, weekly announcements (provided in emails sent by the VSSC), as well as the Game Coordinator Manual;
- Working stable shifts during the season. In the event of an emergency or illness, finding your own shift substitutes (appropriately trained individuals), and also notifying our Sport Operations Manager to inform of the schedule switch;
- Attending all mandatory training sessions throughout the year;
- Having a sense of humour and good common sense to deal with occurring incidents (i.e. lock-outs, missing custodians, missing equipment, etc.).
We rely on our Game Coordinators (GC’s) to be the front line of customer service in the evenings, therefore it is critical that Game Coordinators (GC’s) remain engaged during their shift (no reading, chatting on cell phones, surfing the web with your smart phone, etc.). Weekly shift locations are agreed upon between the Game Coordinator (GC) and the Sport Operations Manager. Shifts can vary between two and five hours (6pm-11pm Monday through Friday).
- Compensation is $11.35 hour
- VSSC sport league and class discounts
- Opportunity to join in the GC appreciation party at end of each season
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to Matt Linton, Interim Sport Operations Manager at hire@VSSC.ca. Please reference “VSSC Game Coordinator Application” in the subject line.
ABOUT THE SPORT & SOCIAL CLUB FAMILY: The Victoria Sport & Social Club was developed from our desire to be the largest multi-sport provider in the city. Since 2003, the Sport & Social Club organization has operated in 7 cities managing over 21,000 current weekly players. All seven organizations create, organize and manage sports leagues, tournaments and special events for adults in their respective cities. In short, we are “Recess for Adults”. Check out the website for more company information: www.vssc.ca.