Head Coach, National Senior Men's 15s Team - Rugby Canada
Post date: Aug. 9, 2017
Application Deadline: Aug. 25, 2017
Title: Head Coach, National Senior Men’s Fifteens (NSM15s) Team
Type of Position: Full-Time
Number of Staff: 5-10
Reports to: Director of Performance, Fifteens Rugby
Application Deadline: Friday August 25th 2017
Rugby Canada (RC) is the national sport organization committed to the domestic development and international success of Rugby for Canada.
OBJECTIVE OF HEAD COACH, NATIONAL SENIOR MEN’S 15s TEAM
The Head Coach, NSM15s has a primary responsibility to perform the role of Head Coach of the NSM15s.
ROLE OF HEAD COACH, NATIONAL SENIOR MEN’S 15s TEAM
The Head Coach, NSM15s will be required to select (in conjunction with Rugby Canada selection panel) the NSM15s Team in accordance with the policies and guidelines adopted by Rugby Canada. The person appointed to this role will be required to coach, manage players, plan programs, manage high performance training sessions, and provide consistent player feedback.
The role will be viewed as being integral to, and the pinnacle element of the high performance player pathway process as outlined in Rugby Canada’s Long Term Rugby Development framework.
The position will involve a commitment to aspects of high performance player development and talent identification (TID).
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES
The Head Coach, NSM15s will be responsible for performing the following roles and/or delivering the following outcomes.
- Select the NSM15s Team (in conjunction with Rugby Canada selection panel)
- Coach the team for international fixtures, tours and competitions
- Play a significant role in the leadership and coaching of Rugby Canada’s Centralised Program (RCCP)
- Provide leadership (in conjunction with Rugby Canada) and participate in talent identification and development programs for men’s fifteens rugby
Refer to the detailed job description for further information.
This position reports to the Director of Performance, Fifteens Rugby and will be monitored by progressive performance reviews undertaken by senior Rugby Department Management and Rugby Canada’s High Performance Advisory Group.
- Advanced level coaching accreditation accompanied by current experience as a high performance Fifteens Rugby coach, preferably on the international stage.
- High-level performance analysis skills.
- Evidence of recently upgraded accreditation, recent attendance at coaching workshops or evidence of other forms of self education that display currency as a coach and someone who continues to seek further development as a coach.
- Knowledge and experience managing assistant coaches and working co-operatively with team managers, strength and conditioning coaches, team medical staff and performance analysis personnel.
- An understanding of current best practice and a history of performing best practice as it applies to rugby coaching.
- A thorough knowledge of developments in high performance rugby around the world.
- Demonstrate evidence of an ability to understand, support and implement development plans.
The General Manager, Rugby Operations and Performance will manage the selection process.
GUIDELINES FOR APPLICANTS
The appointed individual must have the ability to work during periods of extended hours including weekends and evenings. A driver’s licence is essential.
Applicants are to submit the names of two potential individuals who can report on the specified selection criteria. At least one of these individuals must be able to comment in detail upon the applicant’s involvement in coaching and in particular be in a position to comment upon the applicant’s understanding of contemporary expectations of coaches as program managers and people managers.
The selection emphasis will be based upon the applicant’s knowledge, skills and attributes to lead a successful international program for all international fixtures and competitions up to and including the Men’s Rugby World Cup in 2019. The selection panel will be seeking a candidate who is capable of driving the men’s rugby high performance program into the future. The selection process will focus attention upon issues relating to the applicants ability to create a positive, competitive environment, deliver international best practice and the applicant’s ability to display the skills, knowledge and expertise that will contribute to Canada’s success on the world stage and can offer direction that will ensure Canadian Rugby maintains pace with other Rugby nations.
A detailed job description is provided below. All applications are to be made to the contact below.
Apply in confidence by sending your cover letter and resume by 5pm PST on Friday August 25th 2017 to:
National Senior Men’s Fifteens Rugby
SUBJECT: Head Coach, National Senior Men’s Fifteens Team
The selection review process will commence immediately after this date. No phone calls please.
**Rugby Canada would like to acknowledge World Rugby’s support of this position**