Sponsorship & Marketing Intern - GWN Events
Post date: Aug. 8, 2017
Application Deadline: Aug. 21, 2017
Position Start Date: Sep. 5, 2017
Proudly Canadian but with international reach, GWN is an expert in developing and managing innovative event experiences, from grassroots to the global stage. Our core focus is creating and producing inspiring events that engage, have a lasting impact, and move our partners forward.
Some of the properties we own or represent include the Walgreens Major League Dragon Boat series, Divas Half Marathon & 5K in Canada and Juventus Soccer Camps Canada.
Producing over 60 events annually takes a skilled team of passionate individuals. This internship has an honorarium paid monthly. The selected student can expect a strong and solid introduction into the world of event marketing & sponsorship from an award winning event marketing team. Students can expect to learn about event marketing, marketing collateral development, the role of sponsorship in a successful event, relationship selling and general business development.
Required skills include proficiency with Word, Excel and Power Point along with strong interpersonal abilities and an all-around ability to communicate effectively both orally and in written form.
Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Provide support in marketing and business development for all GWN Events
- Provide comprehensive research for partnership targets
- Activation, fulfillment of all contractual obligations for sponsors, vendors, corporate experience sessions
- Development of marketing and sales materials and sponsorship proposals
- Assist with general business support and other duties as required
- Travel as necessary to execute the events in both USA and Canada (must have valid passport and valid drivers license)
Required and desired skills and background:
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Strong attention to detail and quality service
- The ability to work in a team environment and work independently
- The ability to work accurately under tight deadlines and manage multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proven results-oriented and sales orientation
- Sales experience an asset
- Proficient computer skills in MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Adobe Photoshop an asset
Internship timeframe (4 months): September to December 2017.
Total Honorarium for internship: $2,000 plus travel expenses