Social Media Intern - GWN Events
Post date: Aug. 8, 2017
Application Deadline: Aug. 21, 2017
Position Start Date: Sep. 5, 2017
Proudly Canadian but with international reach, GWN is an expert in developing and managing innovative event experiences, from grassroots to the global stage. Our core focus is creating and producing inspiring events that engage, have a lasting impact, and move our partners forward.
Some of the properties we own or represent include the Walgreens Major League Dragon Boat series, Divas Half Marathon & 5K in Canada and Juventus Soccer Camps Canada.
Producing over 60 events annually takes a skilled team of passionate individuals. This internship has an honorarium paid monthly. The selected student can expect a strong and solid introduction into the world of brand development, social media marketing, event marketing learning from an award winning event marketing team. Students can expect to learn about event marketing, brand development, marketing collateral development, and the role social plays in the success of an event.
Required skills include proficiency with Word, Excel along with strong interpersonal abilities and an all-around ability to communicate effectively both orally and in written form.
Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Provide support in marketing and social media for all GWN Events (MLDB Series, Divas Half Marathon and 5K, J-Academy - Juventus Youth Camps)
- Create social media content for all platforms (Instagram, Facebook & Twitter) and manage the posting schedule
- Develop engaging and creative monthly e-blasts for our various events
- Social media monitoring and measuring the impact of social media campaigns
- Market research and recommend best practices for building brand awareness, social media, marketing and consumer engagement
- Assist with general business support and other duties as required
- Travel as necessary to execute the events in both USA and Canada (must have valid passport and valid drivers license)
Required and desired skills and background:
- Deep interest in social media
- Knowledge of digital trends
- Basic knowledge of marketing and marketing strategies
- Experience in social media engagement with bloggers, on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Strong attention to detail and quality service
- The ability to work in a team environment and work independently
- The ability to work accurately under tight deadlines and manage multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proficient computer skills in MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator an asset
Internship timeframe (4 months): September to December 2017.
Total Honorarium: $2,000 plus travel expenses