Corporate Partnerships & Marketing Manager - Coaching Association Canada
Post date: Aug. 8, 2017
Application Deadline: Aug. 28, 2017
Position Start Date: Sep. 1, 2017
Director, Marketing and Communications
The Coaching Association of Canada (CAC) unites stakeholders and partners in its commitment to raising the skills and stature of coaches, and ultimately expanding their reach and influence. Through its programs, the CAC empowers coaches with knowledge and skills, promotes ethics, fosters positive attitudes, builds competence, and increases the credibility and recognition of coaches.
As a key member of the Marketing and Communications Team, the Corporate Partnerships and Marketing Manager will develop and implement of the CAC’s sponsorship and business development strategy. The Corporate Partnerships and Marketing Manager will work collaboratively with the CAC Marketing and Communications Team, as well as with the CAC’s partners and stakeholders to fulfill organizational goals and support the recruitment, activation, and servicing of corporate partners.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the development and implementation of the CAC’s sponsorship and business development objectives and strategy;
- Service existing partners, as well as identify and develop new relationships with corporate partners;
- Develop, implement, and fulfill sponsor activation plans, including advertising, digital marketing, social media engagement, event activations, etc;
- Report on partnership activities and ensure a healthy pipeline of opportunities.
- Ensure planning, implementation, and evaluation of marketing strategies and plans are aligned with the tactics in the CAC’s strategic plan;
- Coordinate sponsor benefits and recognition for all relevant CAC campaigns and programs, including National Coaches Week, Investors Group Community Coaching Grants, Team Snap Community Coaches Day;
- Lead development and implementation of NCCP marketing campaigns, including creative brief development, liaison with CAC partners, budget management, monitoring analytics, and preparing campaign reports;
- Contribute to effective planning and management of cross-departmental projects in alignment with organizational operational plan.
- Coordinate sponsor benefits and recognition at all relevant CAC events, including Partners Congress, National Coaches Week, and Petro-Canada Sport Leadership sportif conference and Awards Gala;
- Manage sponsor and partner queries and troubleshoot during the events to ensure that all runs smoothly;
- Assist with post-event evaluations with all sponsors and partners, and prepare reports for all relevant stakeholders that measure success of activations.
- Contribute to annual planning for the Marketing and Communications Department;
- Supervision and oversight of Marketing Coordinator.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
An equivalent combination of the following education and experience will be considered:
- University/College education in sport management/administration, business administration, marketing or relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and expertise;
- Minimum three - five years relevant experience in marketing and/or sponsorship sales;
- Experience working with local, provincial, or national sport organizations an asset.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, techniques, and best practices related to sponsor relationship management including sales, strategy, servicing, and activation;
- Strong competency in marketing strategy, campaign development and monitoring;
- Possess strong project management acumen, with the ability to take ownership of project timelines and development plans to achieve project goals and responsibilities;
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to establish credibility and trust quickly with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Ability to communicate effectively in both French and English is an asset;
- Proven problem-solving skills and ability to be creative and flexible in bringing forth solutions;
- Must be a strong team player, willing to be engaged contributor to the CAC Team;
- Demonstrated passion for sport or physical activity considered an asset.
Please send your resume and cover letter with salary expectations by August 28, 2017, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All responses are appreciated, however, only those selected for an interview will receive a reply.