Sales & Marketing Manager [CLOSED] - Canlan Ice Sports
Post date: Aug. 4, 2017
Application Deadline: Aug. 20, 2017
Canlan Ice Sports Oakville is currently looking for a Sales and Marketing Manager
Reporting to the General Manager it is the primary responsibility of the incumbent is to provide leadership for the development and execution of sales, marketing programs and initiatives designed to support Canlan’s identified revenue and future growth objectives.
The role manages the sales and marketing process; (awareness and promoting the facilities products and services, introduction of the facility to prospects, maintaining ongoing communication throughout customer ‘life-cycle’).
The incumbent will manage a Revenue Team, providing them with a positive, team-focused learning environment and fostering individual development by assuming a leadership position to direct and motivate this team to increase facility revenue and provide a best-in-class recreational customer experience.
Further, the Sales and Marketing Manager will contribute by finding ways to heighten our ability to retain our existing customer-base to capitalize on retention opportunities as well as drive ancillary and package sales results.
PROVIDES SALES LEADERSHIP:
- Grow / develop facility sales and revenues.
- Conducts sales calls and presentations.
- Leads in the development and execution of an fully integrated aggressive sales strategy for the facility.
- Identifies opportunities for telemarketing initiatives for Sales Coordinators, League and Program departments.
- Reviews ice field flows at least 6 months in advance to develop an action plan to sell any unused inventory.
- Manages the Sales Coordinator, League Department and Programs Department to ensure overall facility goals are achieved.
- Manage and develop staff within the department (inclusive of ongoing learning and development initiatives and related follow up / follow through).
- Creates reviews and implements the ice plan to maximize ice revenues.
PROVIDES MARKETING LEADERSHIP:
- Leads in the development and execution of relevant marketing materials and strategies to ensure proper branding and facility offering awareness.
- Ensures all corporate marketing initiatives are implemented.
- Ensures development and implementation of facility marketing strategy and action plan.
- On an ongoing basis, identifies the current market social, demographic and corporate trends that may impact the facility's ability to meet its objectives.
- Develops and maintains strategic relationships to maximize revenue.
PLANS & IMPLEMENT PROMOTIONS:
- Plans and implements, special events and promotional items in keeping with existing legislative perimeters.
- Assesses existing programs and make recommendations for adjustments to offer program progression to cater to a wider audience.
QUALIFICATIONS / SPECIAL SKILLS:
- Strong follow up skills and an ability to deal with tact, diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Previous experience selling or within a sales environment.
- Prior staff leadership / management experience beneficial.
- Strong computer skills (M.S. Office Suite, Database management and Internet).
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Diploma or Degree in Business, Recreation, Facility Management or a combination of experience and education.
- Demonstrated sales, marketing and communication skills.
- 3+ years experience within a sports and/or recreational programs environment.
If you are interested in the position and becoming part of the Canlan team please apply online.