Coordinator, Logistics - 2019 Canada Winter Games Red Deer
Post date: Jul. 6, 2017
Application Deadline: Jul. 20, 2017
Position Start Date: Sep. 5, 2017
TITLE: Coordinator, Logistics
REPORTS TO: Manager, Venue & Support Services
LOCATION: Red Deer, AB
CONTRACT TERM: Until April 26, 2019
SALARY LEVEL: $40,000 - $45,000/year, commensurate on education and experience
The 2019 Canada Winter Games Red Deer Host Society is looking to fill the position of Coordinator, Logistics.
In less than two years, thousands of our country’s best and brightest will set their sights on Red Deer as we host the 2019 Canada Winter Games. Up to 3,600 participants from across Canada, over 400 media, 500 VIPs, 500 officials and thousands of visitors will join us for the two-week event. Featuring 19 sports and numerous cultural events and festivals, the 2019 Canada Games will be the largest event in Red Deer’s history.
The Coordinator, Logistics provides planning, development, coordination, integration, and operations support for the Materials Management Area for the 2019 Canada Winter Games. This position may evolve as the Games planning and development activities increase.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This role will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Assisting with the development of materials management, signage, pageantry and fabrication plans.
- Assisting with and help coordinate venue overlay commissioning and decommissioning with the delivery schedules, etc.
- Managing operations of the 2019 Canada Winter Games warehouse, including access control and man power. This includes assisting with creating policies, safety practices and emergency procedures.
- Keeping logs and records of warehouse stock, executed orders, shipping and receiving and order fulfillment.
- Coordinating inventory control and asset management at the warehouse.
- Coordinating materials management and cartage operations to/from the warehouse and venues.
- Working closely with staff and volunteers to coordinate the overall look of the Games at venues.
- Working closely with staff and volunteers to coordinate the areas that require fabrication.
- Supporting look and signage and fabrication contracts with vendors, ensuring delivery of requests in a timely manner.
Other duties as reasonably required. Due to the nature of our organization, and especially so during the time leading up to, and during the actual Games, all staff will be required to act in capacities beyond their formal job description. These will always be reasonable; however, the expectation is that staff will step up in ways that may not normally be expected of them.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCES AND ABILITIES
- An undergraduate degree or diploma in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or another related field.
- Two (2) or more years of experience related to materials management, warehouse operations, fabrication and/or look and signage. A combined equivalent of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience with Google’s G Suite programs, Gmail, Docs, Slides, Calendar, etc. (or equivalent Microsoft Office programs) is required.
- Working knowledge of logistics or accounting software.
- Experience related to warehouse operations and asset tracking and inventory.
- Clean driver’s abstract and class 5 Canadian driver's license is a requirement.
- Must have a desire and ability to work in a fast paced environment with flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities.
- Ability to work collaboratively with attention to detail and communication of expectations.
- Ability to work with little supervision and track multiple processes.
- Forklift Operator Safety Training certification is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Ability to work in a team environment where duties and reporting levels are shared.
- Knowledge and experience working in a not-for-profit, events, sports or multi-sport Games environment is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral, in English is required and fluency in French is an asset.
Formal office hours are Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.; however, flexibility will be required. This may include various evening/weekend committee work, varying workload/deadlines, Games time requirements, etc.
The 2019 Canada Games Host Society is an equal opportunity employer and believes diversity strengthens us as a workplace; we encourage all those qualified to apply.
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
The successful candidate may be subject to a criminal record check and/or other background checks.
Closing date for this position is Thursday, July 20, 2017.
Please forward your cover letter and résumé to the attention of:
Manager, Venue and Support Services
Only those invited into the recruitment process will be contacted. Thank you.