Sports Development Coordinator - City of Burlington
Post date: Jul. 14, 2017
Application Deadline: Jul. 28, 2017
Position Start Date: Jul. 14, 2017
In keeping with the Organized Sport Organization Support Service plan, the position is responsible for implementing the sport service plan for arenas, playfields and gyms with the goal of maximizing community opportunities. This position will also allocate space and provide advisory support to community sport organizations.
Reporting to the Supervisor of Sport Development the successful applicant will be responsible to:
- Manage the space allocation process by developing effective working relationships with community user groups affiliated with provincial sport organizations.
- Develop effective working relationships with School Boards, community groups and other organizations in order to support sport programming with in Burlington.
- Liaise with service providers to ensure day-to-day needs are met and assessing facility needs for sport initiatives are addressed.
- Assist with the delivery of high quality, developmental appropriate sporting experiences and hosting of sporting events.
- Provide support to community sport organizations by promoting the Canadian Sport of Life and high performance guidelines to improve the quality of sport.
- Liaise between community sport groups and the Catholic and Public Boards of Education with regards to accessing school gym and playfield inventory
- Deliver presentations during public meetings, open houses and community stakeholder meetings as required.
- Promote and enforce policies and procedures.
- Assist in the development and implementation of marketing and event planning.
- Administer contracts to ensure compliance with permit terms and conditions. Resolve problems directly with service provider and make recommendations on contract renewal or termination.
- Monitor and develop budgets and performance measures to meet business and customer needs
- Engage key stakeholders with facility re-development projects
The Sport Development Coordinator requires at least two years of related experience in sport, recreation or leisure programming. The successful applicant will have completed a Degree or Diploma in Recreation or a related field such as Sport Management, Business Administration or Physical Education. A combination of education and related work experience would also be considered. Working knowledge of database software such as the CLASS Registration system is required. The incumbent must be able to work independently, have the ability to demonstrate an aptitude for building and maintaining relationships; able to lead or facilitate presentations and workshops; the ability to proactively initiate and prioritize tasks and the ability to organize a diverse workload taking into consideration priorities, deadlines and outcomes. This position requires the ability to work evenings and weekends.
July 28, 2017
To apply, please visit www.burlington.ca/careers and click on “View Jobs”. Please note that applications are only accepted online. If you require assistance, please contact Human Resources at 905-335-7602.