Fit Expert - SDI Marketing
Post date: Jul. 14, 2017
Application Deadline: Jul. 31, 2017
Position Start Date: Sep. 19, 2017
Canadian Tire First Shift – Fit Expert
SDI Marketing in partnership with BAUER, HOCKEY CANADA and CANADIAN TIRE are looking for an athletic, outgoing, and professional Fit Expert to work an amazing program that is designed to help kids fall in love with hockey! As an ambassador for The Canadian Tire First Shift, you will have the opportunity to travel Canada leading the execution, engaging families, and expertly fitting children with new BAUER hockey equipment to create memorable experiences for new to hockey families.
Company: SDI Marketing
Title: Fit Expert
Start Date: September 19, 2017
End Date: November 5, 2017
Location: Successful candidates would join one of five traveling teams (regions: West Coast, Prairies, Ontario, Maritimes/Quebec)
Pay Rate: $16/hour
OVERVIEW OF THE ORGANIZATION
SDI Marketing delivers services designed to help solve our clients’ toughest business issues. Our unique combination of services includes Sports Marketing, Experiential Marketing and Epic Events, Credit Sales and Acquisition, Integrated Strategy, and Creative and Digital Solutions. SDI is recognized as one of the leaders of Integrated Marketing Solutions Services in Canada.
As a leader in hockey, BAUER has a mission to grow, advance and protect the game. We aim to change the way hockey is offered to inspire new families to join our community, and enroll their kids in our sport. Because we believe in all hockey has to offer kids, their families and our communities, we designed The Canadian Tire First Shift to break down barriers to entry by offering a program that is accessible, affordable, and most importantly, fun! The program includes a Welcome Event, 6-weeks of on ice sessions and a transition program. This season, we will execute up to 150 First Shift programs for communities across Canada, hosting 45 kids between the ages of 6-10 at each event. SDI is looking for a Fit Expert to play a huge part in executing The Canadian Tire First Shift Welcome Events across Canada this fall. These events are designed to build a sense of community, properly fit players with brand new Bauer hockey equipment, provide important safety education, and ensure the parents feel confident in their decision to enrol their kids in the program.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver an exceptional guest experience for new-to-hockey families
- Manage an equipment fitting station during event.
- Assist with the execution of the Welcome Event, from set-up to tear-down.
- Assist with necessary training for volunteers in advance of the Welcome Event
- Ensure attendees flow through the event as instructed
- Inventory excess equipment after each event
- Event execution experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Passionate, entertaining, extremely approachable & sociable
- Patient, reliable and punctual
- Quick thinking in a fast paced always-changing environment
- Love for hockey!
- Hockey experience (knowledge of equipment, and some experience playing)
- Must have completed high school
- Must be able to lift min. 30lbs
- Willing to travel (valid driver’s license is beneficial)
- Bilingual (if on Quebec/Maritimes team)
As part of the application process, The Canadian Tire First Shift team encourages you to submit a short video (under two minutes) telling us your favourite hockey memory and why you are passionate about The Canadian Tire First Shift program. Be creative, have fun with it, and find a way to convey why you think you would be a great Fit Expert. The inclusion of a video is not a mandatory step, but one that will greatly improve your chances of being chosen to join our team.
For more information on The First Shift, please visit our website at www.firstshift.ca
SDI Marketing is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.