Manager, Finance and Administration - Speed Skating Canada
Post date: Jul. 13, 2017
Application Deadline: Jul. 26, 2017
Position Start Date: Aug. 28, 2017
To Challenge and Inspire Canada to Thrive through the power of Speed Skating
Speed Skating Canada (SSC), the national governing body for the sport of speed skating in Canada, is looking for an inspired individual for the post of Manager, Finance and Administration. The successful candidate will report to the Director, Finance and Administration and will be primarily responsible for managing the financial and administrative systems of the organization.
Specific areas of responsibility will include:
- Leading the implementation of the financial systems of the organization;
- Managing accounts payable, accounts receivable and cash flow;
- Assisting in the preparation of working papers for the annual audit and in completing federal and provincial regulatory filings; and
- Supporting the Director, Finance and Administration in managing the operations of the National Office.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Post-Secondary education in accounting, business administration, or a related field;
- Three to five years’ experience in full cycle accounting and a solid understanding of accounting standards as they apply to the not-for-profit sector;
- Proficiency in accounting and office applications and general computing; and
- Strong written and oral communication skills in both official languages.
This opportunity will appeal to individuals who are passionate about advancing amateur sport in Canada. It is best suited for candidates that take initiative and are adaptable and take great pride in demonstrating a keen attention to detail in their work. Direct experience with a National Sport Organization (NSO), Provincial Sport Organization (PSO) or Multi Sport Organization (MSO) would be a definite asset.
To further explore this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to the contact listed below. The application deadline date is Wednesday July 26, 2017 (5:00 pm EST)
Cynthia Dunford – Director of Finance and Administration
850, Industrial Ave Unit 17F, Ottawa, ON, K1G 4K2