Physical Literacy Technology Assistant - Sport for Life Society
Post date: May. 18, 2017
Application Deadline: May. 31, 2017
Position Start Date: Jun. 15, 2017
Sport for Life Society is recognized as the national expert on Canadian Sport for Life, Long-Term Athlete Development, and Physical Literacy development. Sport for Life is a movement to improve the quality of sport and physical activity in Canada through the promotion and delivery of Long-Term Athlete Development and Physical Literacy development.
The Physical Literacy Technology Assistant will support the implementation of an online content for elearning and lesson plan builder.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support the development of Sport for Life on-line educational products and services
- Support Sport for Life’s transition from the development of paper based training tools including manuals and lesson plans to Sport for Life’s on-line activities database and lesson plan builder
- Manage and update content within lesson plan builder and activities database
- Ensure consistency in language, appropriate tagging and organisation of activities and within eLearning courses
- Prepare materials for inclusion in digital resource libraries
- Test implementation of lesson plan builder for multiple clients, sports, and uses.
- Assist with the development, revisions and production of elearning content
- Collect and analyse feedback from end-users
- Support the Sport for Life Society’s vision of physically literate Canadians achieving sporting excellence and optimum health.
Reports to: Manager of Education and Evaluation
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work in a small team environment and build relationships.
- Detail-oriented with a sense of pride in quality work.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to determine most efficient procedures to accomplish assignments.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Experience colleting and consolidating user feedback.
- Knowledge of promotion and marketing strategies, and ability to gauge reach and impact.
- Bilingualism is an asset.