General Manager [CLOSED] - Canlan Ice Sports
Post date: May. 18, 2017
Application Deadline: Jun. 2, 2017
Canlan Ice Sports Langley Twin Rinks is currently looking for a General Manager
Reporting to the Vice President, Operations the General Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the facility is managed in a manner that contributes to the achievement of objectives established through annual operating plans. The General Manager provides strong and effective day-to-day leadership and management fostering an environment that encourages full team contribution by all employees to overall company objectives.
The GM will work closely with Senior Management to ensure strategic business objectives are achieved.
QUALIFICATIONS / SPECIAL SKILLS:
- Demonstrated strong team leadership and development ability.
- Entrepreneurial sales & business development skills (in a sports / recreational environment).
- Strong customer / client focus.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Diploma or Degree in Business, Recreation, Facility Management or a combination of experience and education.
- 5 years (plus) experience in sports facility management, including strong program marketing experience, food & beverage exposure and facility maintenance.
- Experience with the technical aspects of ice making and maintenance preferred.
If you are interested in this position and would like to become part of the Canlan team please apply online.