Lead Event Timer - SportStats
Post date: May. 17, 2017
Application Deadline: May. 22, 2017
Sportstats is a global leader in sports event timing with over 800 events timed annually. We are a key partner to several internationally renowned running and multisport organisations as well as offering timing and results services to a wide array of small/medium sized events.
Our main Canadian office in Ottawa serves over 400 events throughout Quebec and Ontario and we are looking for individuals who are motivated energetic individuals to join our Ottawa team.
The Lead Timer is responsible for the onsite production and posting of race results and awards. Working alongside the timing coordinator, they manage all aspects of event timing to ensure the smooth operation of equipment and provide superior customer service. They are closely involved in pre-event planning as well as supporting post-event requests and inquiries.
- Planning, evaluating and implementing race parameters into timing program;
- Liaising with other departments and event organizers to ensure timing needs are defined;
- Adding/removing/modifying program code;
- Preparing and executing timing plans for events (e.g. timelines, data import, timing locations, staff coordination, volunteers);
- Coordinating and assisting with the set up, displacement and take down of all onsite timing equipment
- Setting up local networks and connecting to timing equipment through GSM
- Monitoring timing equipment to ensure smooth operation and troubleshooting connectivity/detection issues;
- Working with large data sets and troubleshooting errors, corrections and changes ;
- Supporting post event communications and inquiries (correction and change requests, data validation, export files, claim failures);
- Implementing best practices, continuously striving for efficiencies;
- Assisting in the training of new staff;
- Other duties as required.
Successful candidates work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment, are quick learners with a strong ability to multitask and problem-solve, and exhibit great teamwork and leadership skills. The position involves weekend work, travelling to/from the race sites, in an outdoor environment, working very closely with co-workers and race organisers. Staff flexibility and reliability are paramount.
Education and/or Experience:
An equivalent combination education and experience will be considered:
- University/College education in engineering, event management, sports administration, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and expertise;
- Knowledge and experience with computer networking/programming is required;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written are required;
- Bilingualism (fluent English, fluent French) is required;
- Standard G Drivers License is required
- Experience working in high paced high stress situations are an asset;
- Proven experience with event coordination is an asset;
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
If you are interested in joining our team please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to all who apply, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.