STRENGTH & CONDITIONING INTERN - Canadian Sport Institute Pacific
Post date: May. 15, 2017
Application Deadline: May. 21, 2017
Position Start Date: Jun. 1, 2017
CANADIAN SPORT INSTITUTE PACIFIC
VISION: Canadian Sport Institutes/Centres are key contributors to Canada's world leading Olympic and Paralympic performances.
MISSION: To provide a world-class, multi-sport daily training environment for athletes and coaches through expert leadership, services, and programs.
STRENGTH & CONDITIONING INTERN (Whistler)
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and committed individual to join our team as a Strength & Conditioning Intern. The intern will join our world class Strength and Conditioning Program and gain exposure to a variety of sports, supporting the application of high performance training programs.
The intern will assist with strength and conditioning operations, including helping to run testing, setting up training sessions, and working on special projects to further their knowledge. All intern duties will be completed in Whistler and the surrounding area.
- BSc or MSc in Kinesiology or related field.
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) from the National Strength and Conditioning Association or an international equivalent.
- Olympic Weightlifting coaching certification is also preferred.
- Experience with MS Excel.
- Understanding of statistical procedures will be considered an asset.
- Familiarity with sport performance laboratory will be considered an asset.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills. Bilingualism an asset.
- Background as a coach and/or athlete will be considered an asset.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of independence and initiative.
- Good team building skills and the ability to be flexible and adjust to changing priorities.
POSITION INFORMATION: This is a part-time (20-25 hours/week) volunteer position from June to the end of August, 2017. The intern will receive an honorarium of $750, paid upon successful completion of the internship term. This internship is based out of our Whistler campus and some travel to other training locations will be expected. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
LOCATION: Canadian Sport Institute Pacific at Whistler Athletes’ Centre, 1090 Legacy Way, Whistler, BC
CLOSING DATE: Sunday May 21, 2017 at 5:00 pm Pacific
TO APPLY: Please submit your cover letter and resume as ONE document via our GetHired page: https://canadiansportinstitutepacific.gethired.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest; however please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Canadian Sport Institute Pacific is an equal opportunity employer.
Canadian Sport Institute Pacific – Powering Performance. Inspiring Excellence.