Sport Development Director - Swim Alberta
Post date: May. 11, 2017
Application Deadline: May. 24, 2017
Position Start Date: Jun. 1, 2017
Sport Development Director
Swim Alberta is seeking an individual with a demonstrated history of supporting the development of coaches and athletes in the Learn to Train and Train to Train Athlete Pathway to join us in the role of Sport Development Director.
The ideal candidate will bring the following experiences and skills to the role:
- Strong understanding of the Club System in Canada and the Canadian Sport System.
- NCCP Level 3 or equivalent; NCCP Master Coach Developer certification would be considered a desirable asset.
- Full understanding of the current NCCP Swimming course content, certification and professional development requirements.
- Developed skills in mentoring, leadership, strategic planning, influencing with impact, collaboration, project and program development and implementation skills.
- Strong ability to communicate both in writing and verbally, present concepts and ideas in front of a group and have an interposal communication style to influence, and develop mutually beneficial relationships and outcomes.
The Sport Development Director will be directly responsible for:
- Oversight of the National Coach Certification Program (NCCP) to ensure provincial and regional needs are met and both coaches acquiring certification and Learning Facilitators are supported in their development.
- Development, Planning and Implementation of Coach Development Initiatives including the Swim Alberta Future Coaches Program; Swim Alberta Conference; providing ongoing mentorship to coaches working directly with our Learn to Train; Train to Train and Train to Compete Athletes.
- Oversight of Athlete Technical Programs, specifically the Discover and Emerge programs of Swim Alberta that provides programming to select Learn to Train and Train to Train Athletes along the Athlete Pathway.
- Supporting club boards and head coaches in establishing effective working relationships to ensure roles are fully understood to enable our athletes to thrive in a strong club system.
- Provide leadership to Western Canada and Canada Summer Games initiatives.
Swim Alberta is the governing body for competitive swimming in the province of Alberta. We embrace employees who value excellence, integrity, innovation and collaboration and who believe strongly in our mission to “Govern, Lead and Support Competitive Swimming” to reach our vision of “Every Swimmer has the opportunity to reach their full potential”. The organization supports 50-year round swim clubs, 55 Summer Swimming Clubs, 15 Masters Clubs, 9000 swimmers, 4500 + officials and 650 coaches
Competitive salary and benefits package will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Swim Alberta is located in Edmonton and this position will be based out of the Swim Alberta office. A detailed position description is available upon request.
Deadline for applications is Wednesday May 24th, 2017. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and three work related references to:
Executive Director, Swim Alberta
Swim Alberta reserves the right to exercise due diligence and call upon additional references to supplement those provided by the applicant. While we thank all applicants for their interest only those selected for an interview will be contacted, beyond receiving acknowledgement of receipt of your application.