Coordinator, Communications & Media - Equestrian Canada
Post date: May. 10, 2017
Application Deadline: May. 31, 2017
Position Start Date: Jun. 19, 2017
Position: Coordinator, Communications & Media
Reports to: Manager, Communications & Media Relations
Salary: $35,000 - $45,000
Location: Ottawa, ON
Equestrian Canada (EC) seeks a dynamic and well-rounded communications professional with a strong talent for writing who thrives in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
The Coordinator, Communications & Media is responsible for assisting the Communications department in delivering on diverse communications objectives, as well as public engagement and stakeholder relations.
As a key member of our national communications team, the successful candidate will work closely with colleagues to deliver high quality results in a multitude of areas, including equestrian reporting, stakeholder engagement, communications project management, sport communications, marketing campaigns, social media, and more.
The ideal candidate will be a passionate professional with a minimum of two years of experience in a similar role. Highly developed writing skills are the top priority, and equestrian knowledge is strongly preferred. Other vital strengths include a talent for creating and implementing communications and marketing initiatives, accomplished storytelling skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects while respecting deadlines.
Traditional & Digital Communications
- Assisting with execution of a strong, dynamic and integrated national sport and corporate narrative for EC.
- Creating a wide range of communications deliverables, including sport releases, e-newsletter articles, web content, and social media posts.
- Creating graphic and multi-media content, including videos and photos.
- Assisting in the brainstorming, creation, and implementation of campaigns and deliverables related to athlete promotion, sponsors and partners, corporate communications, member engagement, and more.
- Continually elevating EC’s social media presence through creative campaigns as well as consistent promotion and coverage of athletes, competitions and results.
- Providing communications support to all departments across EC.
- Coordinating with EC’s translation service to ensure timely French translation of EC communications and products.
- Cultivating relationships with key communications influencers (reporters, bloggers, external stakeholder groups, etc.) as well as internal stakeholders (athletes, coaches, officials, members, volunteers, etc.).
- Creating and distributing high quality media publications, including athlete bios, media guides, etc. in a timely manner.
- Maintaining distribution lists for media, stakeholders, and other EC contacts as per CASL requirements.
- Travelling to EC events and competitions as required to provide coverage and athlete promotion.
- Assisting in the planning, promotion, and execution of EC events, including the Annual Convention, Annual General Meeting, National Awards Gala, etc.
- Assisting in the support and promotion of the Canadian Equestrian Team at major games, including the FEI World Equestrian Games, Olympic Games and Paralympic Games.
- Helping to promote and protect the EC image and brand.
- Contributing to the achievement of department objectives by meeting or exceeding individual KPIs.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Post-secondary education, preferably in the area of journalism or communications.
- Minimum two (2) years in a similar position.
- Superior writing and editing skills, and knowledge of CP Style.
- Equestrian knowledge strongly preferred.
- Some experience in photography and videography preferred.
- Some experience and knowledge of best practices in utilizing social media as a communications platform preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of office and communications software, including CRM (InfusionSoft), MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and Content Management Systems.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Bilingualism preferred.
- High level of integrity and consistent professionalism expressed at all times ensuring that EC is portrayed in a positive manner.
- Positive attitude, desire to improve and work in a team environment.
This is a full-time, permanent role based out of Kanata, ON. Normal business hours at EC are from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. However, as an organization involved in sport, some travel and weekends may be required.
EC offers meaningful work, a team-based environment, competitive group benefits, and a RRSP matching program. The position includes two weeks of paid vacation and offers opportunities for travel.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS & DEADLINE
Interested applicants can submit their resume, along with a cover letter detailing suitability for the role, and a portfolio of writing samples to:
Please include your full name in the email subject along with the following text: Application for Coordinator, Communications & Media.
Please ensure that your application is received on or before June 9, 2017 at 4 p.m. EDT.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND ACCESSIBILITY
EC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples.
EC is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Representative in a timely fashion of any accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining EC. Given the potential volume of applications, we request that you do not follow up your application with a phone call. We will only contact those candidates selected for interviews. Thank you for your understanding.