Game Coordinator - Ottawa Sport & Social Club
Post date: Apr. 13, 2017
Application Deadline: May. 1, 2017
Position Start Date: May. 8, 2017
Game Coordinators (GC’s) are the eyes and ears of the OSSC in our evening leagues. GC’s are required to have the best understanding of member needs and attend the games to set-up/take-down equipment, liaise with members, share marketing and event information, provide clarification of OSSC rules, and generally help out where required.
You will bring success to the club and succeed in this role if you are a great networker, connector and promoter!
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor all games and communicate with facility staff to ensure leagues run smoothly;
- Ensure games start and end on time;
- Score keep for each game;
- Manage equipment tracking and report equipment shortages for each facility;
- Report any incidences (serious injuries, overly aggressive play, etc.) from shifts by 9am the next day to OSSC staff;
- Help promote upcoming leagues, events and tournaments to our members during league play;
- Maintain a professional level of conduct and interact with members to ensure they are having a great experience;
- Have fun and socialize with OSSC members!
- Being a positive, fun, outgoing and enthusiastic person!
- Bilingual (French/English) an asset (but not mandatory);
- Arriving at the facility 15 minutes before game time for equipment set-up;
- Wearing an OSSC staff t-shirt to every shift (provided by the OSSC);
- Bringing your Game Coordinator materials to every game: whistle, OSSC sport rules, schedule & roster listing for your league, weekly announcements (provided in emails sent by the OSSC), as well as the Game Coordinator Manual;
- Working stable shifts during the season. In the event of an emergency or illness, finding your own shift substitutes (appropriately trained individuals), and also notifying our Sport Operations Manager to inform of the schedule switch;
- Attending all mandatory training sessions throughout the year;
- Having a sense of humour and good common sense to deal with occurring incidents (i.e. lock-outs, missing custodians, missing equipment, etc.).
We rely on our Game Coordinators (GC’s) to be the front line of customer service in the evenings, therefore it is critical that Game Coordinators (GC’s) remain engaged during their shift (no reading, chatting on cell phones, surfing the web with your smart phone, etc.). Weekly shift locations are agreed upon between the Game Coordinator (GC) and the Sport Operations Manager. Shifts can vary between two and five hours (6pm-11pm Monday through Thursday).
- Compensation is $11.50/hour
- OSSC sport league and tournament discounts
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to Genevieve Labelle, Sport Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “OSSC Game Coordinator Application” in the subject line.
ABOUT THE SPORT & SOCIAL CLUB FAMILY
The Ottawa Sport &Social Club was developed from our desire to be the largest multi-sport provider in the city. This journey started in 2003 with the Ottawa Sport & Social Club (OSSC) and in the last 10 years the company has expanded to Halifax, Victoria, Kingston, The Bay of Quinte, Windsor and London (Ontario). All our organizations create, organize and manage sports leagues, tournaments and events for adults. You can check out our website at www.ossc.ca.