OSSC Evening League Facilitator - Ottawa Sport & Social Club
Post date: Apr. 13, 2017
Application Deadline: Jan. 12, 2018
Position Start Date: Jan. 14, 2018
If you are positive, solution-oriented, enthusiastic and have an endless supply of energy, this could be the job for you! Come join a result-oriented, fun, dynamic, hard-working team in the sports logistics and marketing field. Work harder than you have ever worked before, but play even harder. Wear your running shoes, not a suit, while you help to grow this professional organization.
You will bring success to the club and succeed in this role if you are a great networker, connector and promoter!
PURPOSE OF THE EVENING LEAGUE FACILITATOR ROLE:
- To help raise awareness about OSSC sports leagues, tournaments and events, and to recruit new teams and individual members!
- To create and maintain a fun and active environment where members can connect with new people;
- To ensure the leagues run smoothly and efficiently by using good judgment, quick thinking and problem-solving;
- To continuously improve the member experience - to make every member know they are a valued member of the club;
- To oversee Game Coordinators (GC) and assist with quality control of the position, answer questions and provide support;
- To inform members about our key tags and partner deals.
This is a unique opportunity to join a small, successful business. You will wear many hats, as you develop and broaden your skill set, both in-office and out on the field. As an Evening League Facilitator (ELF), you will be:
- Responsible for ensuring all evening leagues are operating efficiently:
- Coordinating all Game Coordinator needs and inquiries during shifts
- Communicating member schedule changes as needed during the night
- Supporting Game Coordinators during conflicts
- Contacting team captains when major incidents occur
- Training and supervising Game Coordinators;
- Managing and hosting special events, including tournaments and parties (will require occasional weekend work);
- Stocking sports equipment and tracking inventory at all OSSC facilities;
- Ensuring all members are prioritizing player safety and playing with a first-and-foremost-for-fun attitude;
- Assisting with finding new areas of play (indoor and outdoor facilities);
- Covering shifts for Game Coordinators as needed;
- Marketing the OSSC to potential new members through attendance at networking events, distributing marketing materials, and engaging in social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram);
- Promoting upcoming leagues, events and tournaments to our member-base during league games;
- Assisting with office work when required;
- Other projects and duties as required periodically.
UNIQUE WORKING HOURS
The Evening League Facilitator working hours are from 5:00pm to 10:00pm (occasionally till 11:00pm), Monday through Thursday. A high level of commitment and responsibility is required. These shifts are shared between 2 to 3 Evening League Facilitators, depending on the season.
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record (mandatory). The successful candidate will be required to occasionally drive their own vehicle or drive the OSSC company vehicle during working hours;
- Strong network & knowledge of Ottawa (essential);
- Bilingual (French/English) an asset (but not mandatory);
- Athletic and sports-minded;
- Being a positive, fun, outgoing, enthusiastic individual with an endless supply of energy;
- Ability to generate interest and encourage participation in leagues, activities and events;
- Strong presence on the field: confidence, maturity, preparedness, reliability;
- Able to create a sense of belonging and connection among members;
- An entrepreneurial spirit in terms of both creativity and work ethic;
- University or College Degree completed or in process of completing. Marketing, Business and/or Sports Administration Degree is an asset.
- Compensation is $15/hour
- Mileage is paid for by OSSC (based on a km rate) on nights where use of own vehicle is required
- OSSC sport league and tournament discounts
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to Genevieve Labelle, Sport Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Evening League Facilitator Application” in the subject line.
ABOUT THE SPORT & SOCIAL CLUB FAMILY
The Ottawa Sport &Social Club was developed from our desire to be the largest multi-sport provider in the city. This journey started in 2003 with the Ottawa Sport & Social Club (OSSC) and in the last 10 years the company has expanded to Halifax, Victoria, Kingston, The Bay of Quinte, Windsor and London (Ontario). All our organizations create, organize and manage sports leagues, tournaments and events for adults. You can check out our website at www.ossc.ca.