Director of Tennis Programs & Services - GSM Tennis Club Inc.
Post date: Apr. 12, 2017
Application Deadline: Jun. 5, 2017
Position Start Date: Jun. 5, 2017
GSM Tennis Club launched on September 4, 2015, at the CORE facility on 401 New Dundee Road in Kitchener. GSM Tennis Club has three courts which are indoor and outdoor with a revolutionary new surface from Flex Court Canada that plays like a hard court, but has the feel of a clay court. We are a community oriented tennis center emanating from over 60 years of combined experience.
GSM Tennis Club's primary goals are to provide the best tennis based facility, the best programming at the best possible price with the finest in active lifestyle enjoyment. GSM Tennis Club's Director of Tennis Program and Services should design, plan and implement tennis programs to include special events and clinics with a major focus on planning and developing the Tennis Program.
We are looking for a high-energy individual who is committed to growing the game of tennis.
Hours for this role are full time (40 hours per week) based upon the specific duties. Candidate is paid on an hourly basis of $44.00 per hour or higher depending on experience. Some evening and weekends will be required.
80% of the work should be focused on the development, planning and supervision of the business while 20% of the work should be focused on tennis coaching and instruction. Will be responsible for initiating, directing and promoting tennis clinic, special events and programs in an effort to attract and maintain members' tennis interests;
Roles and Responsibilities
- Managing all aspects of the Club Operations:
- planning daily, weekly and annual periodization of all groups of children and adults training at the facility;
- marketing and developing new and engaging activities for the members and the non-members of the Club;
- budgeting, planning annual budget for the Club Operations and Maintenance, Tournament Budget, Staffing Budget;
- Staffing, training and recruiting seasonal staff for teaching and front desk staff;
- Website development and marketing campaigns;
- Special events organization and management including tournaments, leagues, ladders, promotional events;
- High performance coaching:
- planning, training sessions based on annual tournament activities, travelling to national or international tournaments with individual or a group of players, organize all aspects of the travelling team;
- Maintaining program records of participation and performance of the players involved in the programs and staff supervision;
- Physical fitness and conditioning planning and training for all groups of players and adults involve in the Club;
- Oversee and develop coaches implementing high performance player injury prevention or rehabilitation;
- Organize and Direct Coaches-Parents meetings;
- Develop and conduct training programs on video analysis of strokes mechanics;
- Skills and competencies specializing in the sport of tennis;
- Minimum of 5 + years tennis coaching experience in the last 15 years;
- Knowledge of the operations of tennis associations and/or tennis clubs and or tournament leagues preferred;
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification;
- Previous experience as Tennis Director of a private tennis club for a minimum of 5 + years in the last 15 years;
- Ability to speak and write in the English language;
- University degree in sports management, sports administration or other related degree;
- Coaching Certification by Ontario Tennis Association or Tennis Canada is an asset;
- ITF Level 3 Certification or TPA Coach Level 3 or higher required;
We offer extended medical and dental benefits as well as club membership/programming benefits; The position reports to the President and Owner of GSM Tennis Club Inc. Please review our application instructions before applying. We thank all of the candidates for their application but only those who best meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
Please email your cover letter stating the reasons why you believe you are the right candidate for the position, resume and salary expectations in writing to email@example.com. We do not accept applications made in person.