Multimedia Coordinator - SIRC
Post date: Mar. 8, 2017
Application Deadline: Mar. 31, 2017
Do you love editing videos; designing eye catching graphics? Are you a student who loves to tell a story using infographics? Do you believe a picture says a thousand words? Would you rather submit a multimedia presentation then a research paper? Then this is your ideal job.
The Sport Information Resource Centre (SIRC) is Canada’s leading communication and knowledge hub for sport. Founded in 1973, SIRC is a not-for-profit corporation that has served the Canadian and International sport communities with timely, credible and qualified sport resources. As home to the largest network of sport research followers, creator of the world’s leading sport job board and daily SIRC NewsHub, creator of the SportDiscusTM database, SIRCuit publications and host of the Sport Canada Research Initiative Conference, SIRC has the ability to provide unique insights and services. SIRC leverages innovative communication technologies, extensive subject knowledge and an in-depth appreciation of the sport community to provide resources and services to sport organizations, sport leaders and their Boards, coaches, officials, athletes, researchers and educators and policy and government. For more information visit: www.sirc.ca.
Under the guidance of SIRC’s Manager of Operations, the Multimedia Coordinator will have the opportunity to assist the visual marketing of SIRC and SIRC projects through the design of materials for both the Internet and print.
- Video editing – presentations, promotional, archived webinars
- Creation of graphics
- Website graphics
- Social media banners
- Event promotion flyers
- Assist with Webinars, researching and implementing innovative new technology, applications or media to enhance the participates experience
- Live stream
- Graphic and new media experience
- Strong design style, including creative design solutions for both the Internet and print items such as multi-media electronic publications, newsletters, brochures, e-mail blasts and press releases
- Working knowledge in Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Must be well organized and detail-oriented
- Comfortable with computers; MAC and/or PC
- Strong understanding of MS Office Application
- Takes direction well
- Team player who is able to work independently
- Willingness to tackle challenges and develop initiatives
- Interest in sport research and a desire to learn are essential
- Love of Sport
- Bilingualism an asset, but not essential
- Website design
Other Possible Duties (but not limited to):
- Preparation of materials for Social Media platforms (i.e.; blogs, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIN)
- Assisting with newsletter preparation
- Data entry
- General office administrative duties
- Daily News Hub
Please send cover letter and resume by March 31, 2017 to email@example.com, citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The hiring of this position is based on confirmation of funding from Service Canada.
To be eligible, students must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations