Sports League, Coordinator - The YMCA of Greater Vancouver
Post date: Mar. 15, 2017
Application Deadline: Mar. 29, 2017
Position Start Date: Apr. 3, 2017
Position Title: Sports Leagues Coordinator
Location: Tong Louie YMCA; Surrey
Terms: Permanent, Full-Time: 35 hours per week
Salary: $31,000 to $35,000 per year based on experience
Start Date: ASAP
Reports To: Supervisor, Sports Leagues
Nature & Scope:
The Sports Leagues Coordinator will report directly to the Supervisor, Sports Leagues and will work collaboratively with the Sports Leagues staff and volunteers to provide exceptional programming and customer service. The Coordinator will be responsible for providing support to Sports Leagues and will work to improve the processes, quality, impact and reach of YMCA of Greater Vancouver Sports Leagues programs.
Do you want to impact children and families through community sports? If so this could be the job for you!
What we are looking for:
- loves sports and is passionate about seeing kids active
- wants to see families engaged in their community
- has a positive, inclusive attitude who is always trying to ensure that no family is turned away
- is willing to learn how to balance administrative duties with supporting sports teams by coaching and/or refereeing when needed
- Coordinate the Steve Nash Basketball Spring and Fall/Winter season as well as Jr NBA, Volleyball, Tennis and other sports as required, by:
- Recruiting, processing and retaining volunteers and players from season to season, including attending volunteer recruitment fairs
- Building, updating and maintaining the Excel Master Spreadsheet
- Registering all participants by phone or in person, and taking payments
- Scheduling weekly games and season-end jamborees
- Providing excellent customer service, with an inclusive attitude
- Downloading reports, rosters and schedules
- Promoting philanthropy through our Annual Hoopfest Silent Auction and other fundraisers that support the YMCA’s Annual Giving Campaign
- Providing sports related support to our volunteers and staff
- Assist with the planning of coaching and referee clinics, and seasonal tip-off meetings
- Supervising game nights in person and/or on-call (Friday evenings) in partnership with the Sports Leagues Supervisor
- Ensure the safety of all members, participants, staff, and property by following YMCA standards/policies/procedures and ensuring they are maintained amongst all members and staff
- Attend staff meetings, planning sessions and training events as required
- Current Standard First Aid certificate
- Experience working within a sports league environment
- Experience working with a large number of volunteers, specifically in a sporting environment
- Intermediate to advanced computer proficiency including Microsoft Office and CLASS
- Excellent telephone skills and customer service on the phone and in person
- Ability to work 2-3 evenings shifts a week during season start up and during the season as required, including weekends at the end of each season.
- Reliable vehicle as site visits are required
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Reference Check/Vulnerable Sector Search issued no later than six (6) months preceding your start date
- 3 professional references
- Experience in a fast paced, customer focused environment
- Demonstrated high level of organizational and customer service skills
- Proven decision-making competency and ability to think quickly in difficult situations
Commitment to Organization and Values: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for mission, vision, strategic outcomes and values of the YMCA of Greater Vancouver.
Service Orientation: Deliberately identifies needs and wants of members/participants as priority, and creates opportunities to enhance each and every person’s YMCA experience.
Teamwork: Ability to work effectively with others to achieve optimal collective results.
Communication: Ability to speak, write, listen, and secure information in a variety of settings
Outcomes Oriented: Ability to lead, manage, and achieve identified goals.
Internal applicants should inform their supervisor prior to application.
Please apply using the link below: