Web & Statistics (Intern) - U SPORTS
Post date: Feb. 16, 2017
Application Deadline: Mar. 3, 2017
Objective of Web & Statistics Intern is to help manage and update website content; including sports news, schedules, playoffs, and championships.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITES
· Assist in posting, updating the website, and executing a new digital strategy
· Analyzing and testing content on the web to ensure that information is accurate, accessible, and user-friendly
· Monitoring schedules, statistics, and standings for all sports and teams to ensure accuracy
· Archiving video, photos, historical records, schedule / results, statistics, and standings
Selected candidates will develop essential skills and gain valuable experience in one or more of the following areas, with the aim to prepare them for a successful career in the highly competitive sports and entertainment industry.
DeDeveloping and executing a website/digital strategy
· Knowledge in the content management systems (CMS) PrestoSports and Charcoal Writing
- Designing and developing for the web
- Working efficiently within a multidisciplinary team
- Sports statistics and computing
· Working toward a Bachelor’s degree in Web Design, Computer Science, Communications, Digital Media, Journalism – New Media, Arts or related undergraduate programs.
· Outstanding creativity and technical skills
· Knowledge of HTML and CSS
· Demonstrated experience with responsive websites
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Enthusiastic, well organized and a self-starter
· Ability to work effectively with other team members as well as function independently
· Bilingualism is preferred, but not required
· Quick study and willingness to learn.
· Initiative and ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
START DATE: Mar – July 2017 (to be determined based on student availability)