Sports Coordinator - Canlan Sportsplex
Post date: Feb. 16, 2017
Application Deadline: Feb. 28, 2017
POSITION TITLE: Sports Coordinator, Sportsplex
LOCATION: Sportsplex Mississauga
REPORTS TO: Facility Manager
The Sports Coordinator will be required to promote and assist in league, program & customer service operations. They should consistently provide exceptional customer experiences to all facility users ensuring a high level of customer retention.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Aggressive recruitment of teams & individual participants.
- Collection of all team/player registration fees and waivers. Ensures league registration fees (for teams and individuals) are collected in accordance with established payment policies and best-practices.
- Assist with the creation and communication of league (and tournament) playing schedules
- Problem solving as required and act as a direct liaison from management to the coaches and players. Including in person communications with teams to team and convening duties.
- Daily administration including, but not limited to; convening, referee/timekeeper scheduling, league statistics, conflict resolution and divisional alignment. Possesses a strong working knowledge of league rules, discipline / suspension guidelines and processes. Can confidently interpret, communicate, and enforce League rules as required.
- Actively participates in the Referee evaluation process and records a consistent flow of constructive feedback about officials.
- Strong working knowledge of online statistics hardware and software (including customer features, administrative tools and processes).
- Preparation and planning for future seasons including assisting in the Annual Operating Plan
- Oversees program execution, assist with program creation or implementation
- Lead all camp activities, including on field instruction
- Communicate to camp participates weekly schedules & camp requirements
- Provides information, accept registrations; distribute schedules and results for in-house programs and tournaments. Updates company database
- Regular contact with teams, players and participants, ensuring retention of customers in both leagues and programs.
- Takes casual/spot rental bookings, prepare contracts and collect and collect fees.
- Ensures a written account of important information is communicated to the Facility Management—via the nightly Shift Report.
- Responsible for some opening and/or closing procedures. Functions / fills in as “Manager on Duty” on an as required basis.
- Attends all facility meetings when required.
- Possesses a strong knowledge of Canlan brand features and competitive advantages (including online tools and services). Is up-to-date with current promotions and contests; can comfortably convey promotional messages to customers in one-to-one and group environments to increase awareness and participation.
QUALIFICATIONS / SPECIAL SKILLS:
- Experience working in a sports or leisure environment such as sport camps or other children/youth camps, and coaching children and/or adults.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours (evenings & weekends).
- Knowledge of sport rules. Good understanding of tournament draws.
- Team oriented with GREAT communication skills.
- Standard 1st Aid and CPR.
- N.C.C.P. Coaching Level 2 or greater preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Minimum one year of experience in a sport related field.
- Experience in customer service and marketing preferred.
- Graduation from a university/college in the Sports/Leisure Administration field preferred.