Merchandise (Intern) - U SPORTS
Post date: Feb. 16, 2017
Application Deadline: Mar. 3, 2017
Objective of the Merchandise Intern will be to provide general support to the Commercial Department through successful online, retail and program merchandise support.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Assist in promotional planning, buying and other key aspects of our e-commerce including promotional product selection; placing orders with suppliers
- Assist in the initial planning of the U SPORTS Merchandise tent for the Vanier Cup and other U SPORTS events
- Source and provide product recommendations for sponsor gifting
- Communicate with key suppliers and partners for merchandise related requests (e.g. Adidas)
- Maintain current customer and vendor catalogue files
- Provide administrative support including the following:
- Purchase orders, invoicing, photocopying or other administrative duties as assigned
- Participate in special projects within Brand and Merchandising as requested
Selected candidates will develop essential skills and gain valuable experience in one or more of the following areas, with the aim to prepare them for a successful career in sport:
- Sales & Merchandising
- Brand Management
- Assistant buyer
- Design Development
· Currently working towards a Bachelor’s degree in a related field: Merchandising, Marketing, Business Administration and related undergraduate programs.
· Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and prioritize appropriately in a fast paced environment.
· Be administratively organized and detail oriented.
· Creative and out of the box thinker.
· Strong team player with ability to work independently.
· Strong communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills.
· Computer savvy, including all Microsoft Office platforms (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
· Quick study and willingness to learn.
· Bilingualism is an asset.
· Travel may be required.
· Knowledge of the Canadian Sport System is an asset.
START DATE: Mar – July 2017 (to be determined based on student availability)
To be considered for this position, all applicants must be currently enrolled in a program approved by a university or college and require the internship for academic credit needed to graduate.