Communications and Events Intern - Mississauga Steelheads Hockey Club
Post date: Feb. 16, 2017
Application Deadline: Apr. 1, 2017
Start Date: May. 1, 2017
We are currently seeking individuals who are passionate about sport, and are actively looking to gain experience in the industry. As a part of the Steelheads team, you will be involved in the day-to-day business operations of the organization, assisting with generating new content for all media platforms, updates via social media, various event operations and other duties as required.
- Responsible for assisting with the booking and execution of community events
- Includes setting-up, running, and taking down activations
- Responsible for generating and writing content for all social media platforms
- Act as media liaison for players and coaching staff
- Assist with interview requests and PR plans
- Assist with any necessary press-releases
- Assist with marketing initiatives surrounding marquee events including Steelheads Golf Classic, NHL Entry Draft, 2017-18 OHL schedule announcement and more
Please note: all candidates must be completing internship as part of a requirement for a post-secondary program.