General Manager - Victoria Curling Club
Post date: Jan. 9, 2017
Application Deadline: Jan. 27, 2017
Position Start Date: Mar. 6, 2017
JOB SUMMARY: Primary responsibilities of this role are to manage the daily operations of the Victoria Curling Club (VCC) including promotion of curling in the community, staffing of approved positions, and maintenance of club premises, ice quality, member services, league play, promotion and attendance at club related social activities and special events, club finances, and direct and/or indirect responsibility for each of the key responsibility areas listed below.
The General Manager will operate independently, seeking approval and/or keeping the Board informed as required and as warranted. The General Manager will ensure the club is operated within the annual operating budget, providing an enjoyable experience for members and visitors, reflecting the intent of the VCC Constitution and the ideals of friendly competition, program development and community service.
- General skills, abilities and experience in a sport club or comparable business or service operation.
- Familiar and proficient with software applications as applicable to the operation.
- Recruitment and supervision experience.
- Experience or demonstrated aptitude in the areas of promotion, sales, vendor management, customer service, expense management and service operation.
- Education in a related field of management or administration or relevant experience and skills.
- Must have a current (within 1 year) criminal record check.
- Access to your own transportation and a valid BC Driver’s license.
- Program Development
- Customer Focus
- Analysis/Problem Solving/Decision Making
- Project Management
- Change Management
- Leadership and Team involvement
- Strategic Thinking
KEY LATERAL RELATIONSHIPS:
- VCC Board of Directors
- League Representatives
- Club Members
- Vendors and Contractors
- Community Contacts
- Curling Club Managers
- Contributors and Business Advertisers
- Local media
GENERAL PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES:
- Annual operating revenue and expense targets as established by the BOD in the annual budget.
- Annual performance feedback from the BOD and selected VCC members as determined by the BOD.
- Services levels and resource management as evaluated by the President and Executive Committee.
- Other documented performance targets as established and agreed to by the General Manager and BOD.
Salary range between $55,000 to $65,000
Accepting applications until Friday, January 27th at 4 pm. Position starts as soon as possible. Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com