Client Relations Representative, General Office & Guest Relations, Faculty of Kinesiology - University of Calgary
Post date: Jan. 6, 2017
Application Deadline: Jan. 13, 2017
The Oval General Office and Guest Relations in the Faculty of Kinesiology is currently seeking a Full-time Temporary Relief Client Relations Representative for approximately 12 months.
As the Olympic Oval Client Relations Representative your key purpose is to provide excellent customer service to all users of the Olympic Oval, both internally (faculty, staff, athletes, and students) and externally (general public, organizations and sponsors), to maintain the efficient operation of the Olympic Oval Front Office, and to distribute accurate information to all users. The position is responsible for responding to general inquires in a courteous and professional manner, including processing payments, program registrations, making public announcements, and assisting with special projects as they relate to the Guest Relations Team. This position is also responsible for handling guest services requests for the Olympic Oval, Kinesiology, and general campus wide information.
Summary of Key Responsibilities (job functions include but are not limited to):
- Greeting visitors to the Oval in a friendly, welcoming and pleasant manner
- Responding accurately and professionally to general telephone, email, and in person inquiries and requests
- Responsible for distributing mail, incoming and outgoing courier packages
- Processing and using the CLASS POS system for public skating admissions, athlete fees and other monetary transactions
- Maintaining strong lines of communication between Oval staff and user groups and providing exceptional customer service
- Responsible for balancing cash outs and providing proper reporting
- Providing assistance with Athlete Services as required
- Completing all daily, weekly and monthly duties on the front office task list
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Minimum Grade 12 Diploma required, post-secondary degree would be an asset
- 1 - 2 years' previous experience in an office environment
- Excellent communication and customer service skills are essential
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to work independently and prioritize
- Ability to “see the whole picture”, think ahead and be proactive in identifying and communicating potential problems/issues
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in cash handling and utilizing a POS (CLASS) system is an asset
Application Deadline: January 20, 2017
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for submitting their resumes. Please note, only those candidates chosen to continue on through the selection process will be contacted.
This position is part of the AUPE bargaining unit, and falls under the Operational/Administrative Job Family, Phase I..
To find out more about management and staff opportunities at the University of Calgary and all we have to offer, view our Management and Staff Careers website.