High Performance Director - Taekwondo Canada
Post date: Mar. 17, 2016
Application Deadline: Apr. 8, 2016
The High Performance Director will be responsible for the development, planning, management, and execution of all national team programs and initiatives ensuring consistent and sustained performance at the international level, such as World Championships and Olympic Games.
1. High Performance Development
- Designing, planning, evaluating and overseeing the implementation of all elements of Taekwondo Canada’s high performance program to ensure sustainable excellence by Canadian taekwondo athletes
- Devise and implement talent identification and recruitment strategies
- Develop, manage and monitor a sport science program
- Planning all national team activities and documenting them in the high performance sections of the strategic, quadrennial and annual plans.
2. National Team Program
- Planning and implementation of all national team activities including oversight of quadrennial and annual plans.
- Administration of all aspects of high performance management including World Championships and Major Games
- Conducting ongoing reviews and monitoring of high performance objectives
- Overseeing the review, by the assigned coaching staff, of athlete performance analysis
- review Taekwondo Canada’s technical performance and provide relevant analysis to the Executive Director,
- manage and coordinate the activities of all National Team Programs staff including Integrated Support Team (IST) personnel as well as other technical staff impacting the high performance pathways, and
- Preparing the annual and quadrennial budgets, and conducting periodic and special budgetary reviews for the high performance programs
- Coordinating all aspects of the administration, management and support of the national team during competition including the World Championships, World Cups and other major international competitions.
- Develop, manage, and implement criteria for:
- Athlete Assistance Program (AAP “carding”)
- National Team Athlete selection for World Championships and Major Games
- National Team Coach selection criteria for World Championships and Major Games
3. Partnerships and Relationships
- Work collaboratively with the Provincial Governing Bodies and provide assistance and mentorship with regard to athletes, programs and high performance systems in and from their respective provinces
- Develop positive working relationships with high performance coaches and seek their input and feedback where appropriate.
- Act as Taekwondo Canada’s representative on all high performance matters with our partners and stakeholders
- Prepare annual operating reports, annual applications for financial assistance and other reports as required to all funding agencies
4. Personnel Management
Manage all Taekwondo Canada and high performance staff, coaches, and consultants including annual objectives and evaluations, scheduling, and supervision.