Head Coach, Men's Volleyball - Douglas College Athletics
Post date: Mar. 17, 2016
Application Deadline: Apr. 1, 2016
Douglas College invites fully qualified candidates to apply for this Men’s Volleyball CCAA Head Coach Contract Position. The successful candidate will have the proven experience to develop a national program coupled with an understanding of a student-centered approach focusing on the development of the whole student (high academic achievement, leadership development, and community service and culture development).
Volleyball Head Coach HEAD COACH (Men’s team)
The major responsibilities of this coaching position are:
• Recruit, develop and mentor student-athletes with high athletic skills and great character;
• Develop perennial national contenders;
• Create a community of loyal supporters and partners eager to contribute to developing a top-of-class team;
• Provide coaching leadership in the ongoing development and improvement of the student-athletes, coaching staff and the overall program;
• Fully embrace the Royals culture.
The Head Coach is also responsible for ensuring that safe facilities and equipment are provided, current methods of physiological injury prevention are used, and that the coaching staff are properly certified. A key responsibility includes implementing and following through on fund and friend-raising initiatives working with alum and other groups. The Head Coach will also develop recruiting networks through contact with secondary school athletes, coaches, clubs, teachers, parents, clinic/camp programs, academies, etc., and help promote the team through the local media, community and school districts.
These responsibilities will be fulfilled through coordination, planning, implementation, and evaluation of strategies. There is an expectation that proper training techniques for athlete academic, motor, skill and mental development which will be supported by all coaching and athletic staff. Successful candidates must be team players who work respectfully and cooperatively with the Manager of Athletics and Royals Athletics staff in scheduling, facility issues, travel planning, budgeting, apparel and completing necessary administrative requirements. Superior interpersonal, teamwork, organizational, leadership, coaching, and technical skills are also required.
NCCP Level II coaching certification is required with a minimum three years of coaching experience at the post-secondary or senior high school level. A Bachelor's degree is preferred and a class IV BC Driver’s License would be an asset.
• A demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and inspire student-athletes aged 17-25.
• Good understanding of the PACWEST and CCAA leagues, their policies and expectations
• Success at Provincial or National Championships is an asset.
• Experience in recruiting student-athletes.
• Strong communication, motivational, and organizational skills.
• Strong foundational knowledge of sport specific training, tactics and technical skills development.
• Ability to articulate and implement goals in the development of the program.
• Ability to coach during evenings and attend competitions (home & away) on weekends.
• Ability to attend coaches’ meetings and related athletic department special events.
• Demonstrated ability to initiate, organize and lead team specific fundraising activities an asset.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Strong commitment to upholding the values and mission of Douglas College.
This posting will remain open until April 1. Please submit an application, including a resume and cover letter, online at https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/applicants/jsp/shared/Welcome_css.j...
Questions/Further info: Athletics Manager, Brian McLennon at email@example.com
Douglas is a post-secondary institution near Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Our campuses are located in New Westminster and Coquitlam and a Training Centre in Surrey. The volleyball program is situated at the New Westminster Campus.
Douglas offers Bachelor's degrees, associate degrees, post-degree and graduate diplomas, general university-transfer courses in the arts, sciences and business, as well as career programs in health care, human services (Child, Family and Community Studies), business, and creative arts.
Douglas College Athletics is a proud member of the PACWEST conference and the CCAA.
Type of Position: Contractor
Employment Type: Employee