Coordinator - Special Olympics Alberta
Post date: Feb. 4, 2016
Application Deadline: Feb. 23, 2016
Special Olympics Alberta (SOA) has an opening for a full time position for a skilled, dynamic and outgoing professional to provide support to our largest partner the Alberta Law Enforcement Torch Run (ALETR). The ALETR Coordinator will be a strong team player with solid communication and organization skills. They will work under the authority of SOA and in partnership with the ALETR to provide support to the ALETR’s fundraising and awareness activities.
ABOUT THE LAW ENFORCEMENT TORCH RUN AND SPECIAL OLYMPICS ALBERTA
The mission of the Law Enforcement Torch Run® (LETR) for Special Olympics is to increase awareness and raise funds for Special Olympics. The LETR is an International movement that is made up of more than 85,000 law enforcement officers from 10 Canadian provinces and 2 territories, the 50 United States, and over 46 Countries internationally to form the largest grass roots fundraiser for Special Olympics.
In Alberta the LETR is endorsed by the Alberta Association of Chiefs of Police and is supported by members from seventeen law enforcement agencies across the province.
The successful candidate will work hand in hand with the leadership of the ALETR to build the capacity of their movement through solid administrative management and to assist in raising the profile of the amazing work that they do year round in Alberta. For more information about the ALETR visit http://albertatorchrun.ca/
Special Olympics Alberta is a charitable sport association which provides training and competitive opportunities to 3,000 athletes with an intellectual disability. It is part of a provincial, national and international movement that enriches the lives of individuals with an intellectual disability through sport.
The ALETR Coordinator position will focus its support in three key areas:
Communications and Awareness
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Experience in marketing, fund development and event management
- Experience with webpage and social media management
- Proficiency with MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point
- Flexibility to travel, including evenings and weekends
- Experience working with volunteers
- Experience in donor relations
- Demonstrated Proficiency in the Following Skills: Professionalism, Dependability/Reliability/Responsibility, Adaptability/Flexibility, Teamwork
Considered an asset:
- Understanding the hierarchy of law enforcement
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
Due to the close working relationship this position will have with Law Enforcement the successful candidate will need to undergo enhanced security clearance and character checks.
$40,000 - $45,000
Please submit your resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
This competition will remain open until February 23, 2016.