Youth Beach Coach - Volleyball Alberta
Post date: Feb. 2, 2016
Application Deadline: Mar. 31, 2016
Incorporated in 1974, Volleyball Alberta is the official governing body and provides the organizational structure for the sport of Volleyball in the province of Alberta. Volleyball Alberta is involved in every facet of the sport by running programs at all levels both indoors and in the rapidly growing area of Beach Volleyball. We provide all Alberta residents with fair and equal access to participation and personal growth through recreational, competitive, elite, instructional, administrative, coaching and officiating programs.
Our primary goal is to promote and develop volleyball at all levels throughout Alberta. Volleyball Alberta services the needs of its membership which consists of athletes, coaches, officials, and anyone interested in the sport of volleyball in the province.
To provide services that create quality opportunities for the growth, development, and enjoyment of volleyball in Alberta.
To be the Premier Volleyball Association in Canada.
- Participant Centered
Volleyball Alberta runs Youth Beach Skill Development 13-18U programs every Tuesday from June 7- July 26 (4:30pm-6:00pm). This is an 8 week program designed for participants who are looking to develop and refine their beach volleyball skill sets while learning to more effective on the sand. Participants will learn proper technique and tactics for forearm passing, setting, serving and attacking through progressions and modified games. This program will be divided with 45 minutes of skill development followed by 45 minutes modified game play.
- Demonstrate and model appropriate behaviors as reflected in Volleyball Alberta’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Under the supervision of the Beach League Coordinator.
- Deliver the Youth Beach Skill Development program in a safe, structured and fun manner at the John Fry Beach courts.
- Write-up program lesson plans with the guidance of the Beach Coordinator.
- Arrive minimum of 15 minutes prior to start of program to help set-up equipment and organize activities. Ensures all equipment is stored after the program is complete.
- Take the attendance of participants at the start of every class.
- Build rapport with participants’ parents to inform them of their child’s progress, encouraging long-term participation in the program.
- Attend the Coaches workshop prior to the start of the session.
- Help with beach maintenance (empty out garbage cans into bigger dumpsters when required).
- Post-Secondary education in related field (Physical Education & Recreation, Coaching, Child Development) and or experience instructing sports or physical activity to large numbers of youth.
- Passionate and dedicated individual.
- Prior coaching and sound knowledge (tactical/technical) in beach volleyball.
- Ability to effectively communicate with children and parents.
- Responsible and reliable.
- NCCP Coaching Certification.
- Current First Aid/CPR and Criminal Reference check required.
Volleyball Alberta is looking for passionate and dedicated individuals who want to make a difference in youth beach programs and grow the sport across Alberta. If you are interested in coaching please complete the attached coaching application and attach your resume/CV and email it to:
Kiruthika Rathanaswami | Program Director
Early Stages Development
NORTH | 11759 Groat Road
Edmonton, AB T5M 3K6