Coaching Assistants, Seasonal Camps & Supplemental Programs - Burlington Youth Soccer Club
Post date: Jan. 27, 2016
Application Deadline: Mar. 18, 2016
The Burlington Youth Soccer Club (BYSC), a not-for-profit organization, was established in 1962 and celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2012. Today, the Club has over 7,900 female and male youth soccer players and is one of the largest soccer Clubs in Ontario. The BYSC is home to the Burlington Bayhawks and is proud of its competitive team successes over the years, including 42 provincial championships and 13 national championships.
This role will involve responsibilities in a number of areas within the Club. Under the direction of the Player Development Manager – Recreational Programs and/or the Technical Director the successful candidates will assist in technical delivery and coaching of U3-U8 teams, School of Soccer supplemental programs and camps, house league coaching sessions and games, weekend Festivals.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Lead or assist weekly coaching sessions and clinics with young soccer players in a fun and engaging environment.
- Assist in the planning & coordination of Coaching Clinics.
- Assist volunteer Coaches to provide a consistent approach to player development and playing style.
- Assist Competitive and Volunteer Coaches in the organisation of special training as required.
- Organize and lead a variety of small and large group activities each week.
- Identify and respond to camper behavior issues.
- Communicate with parents about a participant’s experiences and report concerns to Camp Leadership.
- Assist in maintaining accurate program records including incident reports, logbook documentation and daily attendance.
- Know and understand ALL emergency procedures associated with the camp program.
- Know, enforce and follow all safety guidelines associated with the camp and all program areas.
Peel Halton District League Festivals
- Facilitate the operation of PHDL Festivals on Saturdays at Sherwood Forest Park.
- Set-up and take down of soccer nets and equipment.
- Directing teams to appropriate fields of play, answering questions and assisting the Field Coordinator as necessary.
Customer Service & External Relations
- Promote youth soccer within the community.
- Participate in outside activities that are judged as appropriate and approved by the Executive Director to enhance the prestige of the Club.
- Broaden the scope of the Club by fulfilling public obligations as a participating member of the Burlington Community.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends is required.
- Ability to lead, plan, organize and implement program activities.
- Event and community engagement experience is an asset.
- Soccer background with the ability to participate with kids.
- Completion of either an OSA FUNdamentals or Learn to Train course is an asset.
- Energetic, outgoing, confident and enthusiastic personality.
- Must have the physical ability to lead and participate in activities.
- Ability to multi-task with changing priorities and flexibility to work in multiple areas.
- Demonstrated experience in working within a team environment and committed to exceptional customer service.